Wow……I’ve made it! 6 weeks was my initial goal and I’ve got there! We had a couple of hiccups in the first couple of weeks which I spoke about here, but despite that I definitely feel the benefits of cleaning up my diet.
And what are those benefits? Well! Let me share those with you now:
- I don’t feel “ill” anymore, my hashi’s symptoms have totally taken a back seat – this is huge!
- My eyes and skin are clearer (could also be due to my home made skincare?!)
- No digestive issues as signified by textbook poos!
- I take even greater pleasure in cooking – I feel so impressed with myself and others that we can take what could be seen as a “restrictive diet” and make such delicious meals that even my boyfriend enjoys eating (you can see my favourite meal ideas here)
- No more hangovers or jitters! Going alcohol and coffee free will do that for you!
Overall, I have definitely got what I wanted out of the first part of this experiment – I wanted to know if the AIP diet works and I can safely say that it does. I really look forward to sharing my experiences with my nutrition clients 🙂
This week I am starting the second part of the experiment – reintroductions! Starting with Pepe Saya grass fed ghee, then seed spices. Yay cumin and fennel seeds – welcome back!